Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thumbs Up

Yesterday, I was walking around in the kitchen when I tripped over a dog toy (they are everywhere) and almost fell on my ass. Well, being pregnant and all I was horrified at the thought of falling so I broke my fall with my right hand. Well, more specifically with my right thumb. Let me tell you it hurt! And today I have hitch-hiker's thumb. It has swollen so much that I pretty much can't do anything with my right hand. Who knew you needed your thumb for so many things? I can't write, I can't cloth myself (have difficulty with buttons and zippers). My typing speed is severely compromised. I can barely drive. I don't believe I have broken anything. So this too will pass. In the meantime, it's providing much needed comic relief for my husband.

On the bright side, my beta is up to 1958 and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday. Yeah!

3 comments:

2roads said...

Joonie, sorry about the thumb, but hey, howzabout that beta number!?! This is great! I can't wait for Friday!

Pepper said...

1958?!?! That is such an AWESOME number, Joonie! Keep up the good work. :-) I hope that thumb feels better soon.

Jess said...

Yay!! Beautiful beta!!! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound! Wishes for a speedy recovery of the thumb...