Last week, I ended up telling my team at work that I am pregnant. I actually wanted to keep it to myself a bit longer, but my hand was forced. I had called a staff meeting and they had all assembled in the conference room. As soon as I walked in, I smelled a colleagues perfume which triggered my nausea and sent me running out of the conference room and into the bathroom. I had to spend a little time in the bathroom to clean up and regain my composure. Then I walked back into the conference room apologizing for running out and announcing my pregnancy and sensitivity to smells and requested that perfumes be toned down for a few months around me.
I had hoped for a more graceful way of announcing my pregnancy, but at least that's now behind me. That's good, since I'm already showing (isn't it too early to show at 11 weeks?).
Other than that I've been taking it one day at a time. I have my bouts with nausea and vomiting, which make me miserable and happy at the same time.
And also I have been tagged. Thanks, Jill. You're as always so good to me. All the answers to this meme need to be just one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? on my desk
2. Where is your significant other? home
3. Your hair color? black
4. Your mother? Mary
5. Your father? Alan
6. Your favorite thing? eating
7. Your dream last night? alien invasion
8. Your dream/goal? happiness
9. The room you’re in? office
10. Your hobby? knitting
11. Your fear? failure
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Europe
13. Where were you last night? my aunt's house
14. What you’re not? patient
15. One of your wish list items? boots
16. Where you grew up? on the beach
17. The last thing you did? took a walk
18. What are you wearing? a dress
19. Your T.V.? large screen
20. Your pet? Atilla
21. Your computer? laptop
22. Your mood? anxious
23. Missing someone? cousin
24. Your car? Audi
25. Something you’re not wearing? earings
26. Favorite store? yarn shop
27. Your Summer? lovely
28. Love someone? my husband
29. Your favorite color? purple
30. When is the last time you laughed? last night
31. Last time you cried? last night
I know I'm supposed to pass this on and tag some people, but my lovely friend pepper hasn't been blogging for a while and I don't mean to intrude on her privacy and force her out, if she's not ready. Pepper just know that I'm thinking of you.